Firstly we need to understand that OKRs is a simple system which helps a company or an organization can execute their determined targets. OKRs shows the main points and set priorities as well as focuses team’s efforts to make sure that everyone is aiming to the same target. That’s why our company applied OKRs to our development policy.
By following OKRs we have found our common goal, so that we can make progresses for our company. And also each of us can do better. Such as solving our job in the most sufficient way or making new goal and archieve key result. We believe that when we look at the same direction, our company will run more smoothly and then we can move on with bigger steps.
Fruits of using OKR continously in administrating efficiency of enterprise:
Executing OKR often can help us to check, re-consider and change working flow in the most suitable way
It also helps in creating power, motivation for all staffs.
It supports us in realizing which method is effective in archiving goal.
It gives us practical feedback, trains us to think with discipline, measure impletment process, gathers staff’s effort, transmits the goal precisely.
Connection and acknowledgement : With a clear process of work, OKRs will support our enterprises in acknowledging the proficiency and giving compliment. This is the positive power that can help a whole team to move forward. Moreover, this helps an individual distribution to the success of enterprise in being recognized. You can say that it helps in reflecting your job’s process and showing off your personal brand. You deserve your own compliment if success are found in your progress.
In an OKR system, each person should have a maximum of 5 targets and each target shouldn’t have more than 4 key results. This helps people to focus on key result and advoid spreading out their efforts.
When setting up OKR, we should notice the following two points:
Each level in company ( Company, Department, Group, Individual) should have 3-5 Objectives. All Objecties should have a limit ( example : market expansion in Vietnam) instead of being limitless (example : global market expansion)
Objectives are challenging and sometimes can cause discomfort. That’s why in Google, achieving 70% of objectives is considered as success and achieving 100% is outstanding.
2. Key Results:
Each objectives should have 3 key results
– Key results should be measurable. Such as : “make contact with 10 reporters” instead of “building up relationship with reporters”
– Key results are steps to achieve objectives. If you achived your objectives once you have achieved your key results.
– Key results should show the result instead of the action you make to get that result. For example, your key result should be ” Make a report of channel conversion” instead of ” Analyze efficiency of channel conversion”
When applying OKR to an IT company, it is recommended that the OKR be orientedly set up because in this target tree, all objectives are targeted at the highest level, but not tightly bound between the Objectives and Key results at different levels in the organization.
The result of applying OKR should be like below:
– Focusing on the most important things
– Power resonnance that can achieve the goal
– Aiming unity instead of imposition
– Helping individual to understand the value that they made. Show them what they’ve distributed to the common goal
– Buiild up measuring culture: all kinds of activities can be quantified
We chose OKRs to apply in actual work and its result helped us in developing and growing stronger.